Base: Wheat Beer — Coopers
Batch Size: 5 Gal.
- Additional Wheat Malt – Approx 2lb
- 1oz German Hallertau – 30 min boil, 4.1% Alpha Acids
- 1oz Cascade – 5 min boil, 8.9% Alpha Acids
- 1oz Centennial – Added during cooling, approx 10 minutes, 10.3% Alpha Acids
- White Labs WLP300
- 1 pkt Bru Vigor
- SG at Pri Ferment: 1.047
- SG at Sec Ferment: 1.010
- SG at Bottling:
- Primary Ferment: 08/04/2012
- Secondary Ferment: 08/10/2012
Wort cooled using copper immersion chiller, inserted at 5 minutes prior to flame out, at the time of the Cascade Addition. Managed to avoid any boil overs. Yeast prepared as part of a starter in 1.040 gravity LME wort, 24h in advance, allowed to chill 3 hours to settle, spare LME wort poured off to clarify the yeast. Pitched at 78 deg F, yeast went right to work. Sitting in fridge at 65 deg f, good solid krausen with a heavy, stable foam. Bubbling approximately 1 bubble every 1-2 seconds. Bit of a sulphur scent, but that’s not unusual according to what I’ve read. No fermaid-K or other additives mixed in, does not appear to be required for something this low of gravity.